In the year ended June 2013 compared with the year ended June 2012:
- Local authorities’ operating balance was a $392 million deficit, an improvement after two consecutive years of increasing deficits.
- Funding earned to provide core services (operating income) was $7.9 billion, up $0.1 billion.
- Spending on core services (operating expenditure) decreased from $8.5 billion to $8.3 billion.
- The balance on all transactions (including non-operating and capital transactions) was a surplus of $1.5 billion; up $0.5 billion from June 2012.
- Local authorities’ equity position was $114.2 billion at 30 June 2013 (up $2.1 billion).
- borrowing and investments
- capital expenditure, receipts and financing
- council tax